These terms of reference should be read in conjunction with
Rogiet Community Council Standing Orders, in particular Sections 4 and 6.
The following terms apply to Council committees:
1. The committee will work with the clerk to compile recommendations to Council - all committees are advisory only*
2. Council may appoint a new chair of or remove a member from the Committee at any time.
3. The committee shall hold no delegated powers on behalf of the Council unless expressly stated.
4. Anyone carrying out any duty as part of the Committee must make it clear to third parties i.e. anyone who is not a member of the Committee that they are acting for the Committee as opposed to the Council.
5. No member of the Committee shall publicly express an opinion as the Council’s opinion unless that opinion has been minuted by the Council.
6. The minimum number of councillors shall be 3*.
7. The quorum shall be 3*.
8. The Chair will liaise with the clerk to ensure that minutes are produced for each committee meeting.
(*Excluding the Planning Committee and the Emergency Planning Committee)
In addition the following will apply to specific committees: